Aloe Vera has been used for thousands of years as herbal medicine. It is traditionally used for healing and hydrating the skin. It is known for its anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties and is regarded as one of the most important plants used in Ayurvedic medicine.
Aloe Vera is great because of its versatility. You can use it both internally and externally and get countless benefits. Consuming ithelps detoxify the body, lower high cholesterol, supports immune health, boosts metabolism and aids in weight loss.
I love using it to improve my hair, skin and beauty regimen. I usually just take a slice of the leaf and use the gel as a moisturizer.
1) Add it to shampoo to moisturize hair
2) Use it as a face toner to heal damage and improve elasticity
3) Put it on cuts, burns, insect bites, eczema, or rashes to promote healing
4) Use the gel as a body moisturizer instead of lotion
5) Use it as brow or hair gel
6) Use as conditioner to promote hair growth
7) Use as an ingredient in a face mask or skin scrub